06 December 2006

Craft-o-rama

This here post is all about the crafts. It was a big crafty weekend.

Friday night and Saturday, I helped Stephanie with the Lucky Lola (website coming soon) booth at the No Coast Craft-o-rama. Check out the table and the beautiful artist:


The woman on the left wearing the green flower pin is My Friend Jess. I bought a great skirt from her Friday night and we helped cover her booth now and then since she was at the show alone. Now, she really is our friend, Jess.

On Sunday, ElectricYoak and I hosted a baby shower for our friends D & A. I didn't take a single photo of the party (I'm hoping someone will send me a few), but I can now show you the group project that was the focus of much of my crafting time the last few weeks:



That's Stephanie and Annalee tying the quilt after I sewed it all together. 6 of us made squares and Trish at Crafty Planet had explained the whole process to me ahead of time. I learned a lot putting this together and kind of regret that my learning quilt was also given away, but I hope that Nibbler will know it was made with love, though not much skill.

I also made a baby sweater, but forgot to take pictures. I used really cute buttons that Jess helped me pick out, before I knew who she was, at Treadle Yard Goods (best buttons in town).

I have finished the Sugar Free Socks.

Sorry for the blurriness; I need to find a photographer to take pictures of my feet for me (or a new camera...). These fit much better than the RPM's did - I used the heavyweight Socks that Rock on size 3 needles. I learned to cable without a cable needle. The socks feel GREAT on (and look cute in my Dansko mary janes), but, again, I'm disappointed with the color pooling. STR has great yarn and beautiful colors, but the color distribution is bugging me. I bought a skein of hand-dyed sock yarn from Aisha at the Craft-o-rama. I cast on cabled Widdershins on the bus this morning and I have high hopes for these. Unfortunately, I bought a set of bamboo dpn's for them that are 7 inches long. I should have known better, but in the store they seemed a reasonable length. They are far too long. I'll have to run to Borealis tomorrow to see if I can get a shorter set (and, perhaps, one that didn't stamp the brand so deep in the needle as to snag the stitches as they go by).

ETA: I forgot to mention my celebrity sighting at the Craft-o-rama: I met Anna. I noticed her bag and, since she told me to, I called her name and introduced myself. I felt like a total dork after she went off to meet her mom, but it was kind of fun to make a real-life connection with someone whose blog I've been enjoying for awhile.

1 comment:

Em said...

Nice handiwork on the quilt (which one is electricyoaks?) and the socks.

PS You could never be a dork.