I don't think grief gets easier, it just gets less often. When that feeling hits you, that sense of emptiness and that gaping hole in your chest, it's just as acute as it was the day after.
While it hurts just as much each time, you'll be gripped by it less and less. But I don't think it ever goes away. Loss is loss, and grief is the price we pay when we love someone. Take care of yourself.
4 comments:
Oh, Heather...he was a wonderful dog. It is just so hard to loose them.
It seems impossible that it could have been a year. Thinking of you...
I don't think grief gets easier, it just gets less often. When that feeling hits you, that sense of emptiness and that gaping hole in your chest, it's just as acute as it was the day after.
While it hurts just as much each time, you'll be gripped by it less and less. But I don't think it ever goes away. Loss is loss, and grief is the price we pay when we love someone. Take care of yourself.
We miss him too.
Post a Comment