10 July 2010

15 Minutes

Yesterday, Karen (of Diabetes Blog Week fame) posted that a list of the Top 50 Diabetes Blogs had been compiled. I thought I'd let you know, in case you were interested in some perspectives other than my own. I skimmed the list, noting several of my favorite bigD blogs on the list. At #30 (they're in no particular order, but are broken into categories), my eyes stopped scanning. I was looking at a link to this very blog. I'm a little bit in shock. I started the blog to keep in touch with friends afar. It hosts a lot of knitting and crafting content. The diabetes content has increased, but I never would have expected to be noted as an "authority" on the bigD. 'Tis true, though, I am happy to answer reader questions.

Thank you Lumpyhead's Mom and Em for getting me started.



Is it wrong that my inclusion in the top 50 has me hoping I have a shot at being rendered in the Diabetic Superheroes blogroll?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I know your blog is about more than diabetes, but I definitely think you have earned your spot on that list. Your question & answer posts are so informative and do so much to raise awareness!!

And I think Chris is happy to include anyone who would like to be on the Super Hero blog roll - just let him know you are interested. I got such a kick out of seeing my super hero - although I wish my real height and weigh more closely resembled hers. :)

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Woot! And I can say I knew you when. . .

Kris said...

That's very cool!

I think I had a similar thought the first time our blog was mentioned in the City Pages dining email newsletter. We started just to entertain ourselves and maybe some of our friends.

Em said...

You've always been a Big D Superhero to me.