...and takes his dancers beyond the stars
Nina and I went to see TU Dance last night at The Southern Theater. This is a young company (their awe-inspiring premier concert series was a year ago) built on the tradition of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. Their season is scheduled to give dancers work who are often on "break" during the summer. Some of the dancers are recent graduates of the U of MN, others have won accolades for remarkable work. Already a world-class company, I'm thrilled to have seen their first two seasons and look forward to watching them develop. Rohan Preston doesn't capture the breathtaking moments, but will give you a better technical assessment than I could.
To see Uri and Toni dance together defines heaven for me. And they're bringing the rest of the company along.
Part of the music in last year's show included the lyric: "Do you want it? And if you had it would you flaunt it?" They want this company and they flaunt their passion for it in the most amazing way.
No comments:
Post a Comment