01 November 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire

Dear KMKS Secret Pal,
Here are my answers to the questionnaire. Please let me know if you need any clarifications; it's getting late.

Any fiber allergies? none.

What are your favorite colors? deep plum, dark reds, blues, greens, oranges.... I like colors, but I'm a texture knitter.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? I've been knitting mittens for quite a while. You can never have too many mittens.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? your choice.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? I typically use wool, but my favorite pattern (so far)nuses yarn too thin to block the wind so I wear thin fleece glove inside them.

Where do you usually knit mittens? On the bus, in the car (passenger seat), on the couch.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a variety of tote bags - none of them perfect, but most of them serviceable. Occasionally, I stuff a plastic bag with my project into my briefcase. That usually doesn't work more than a day or two.

What are your favorite mitten patterns? Frieda's Mittens by Theresa Gaffey Designs. Oh and the Grand Plan Mitten from Interweave Knits (I forget which issue).

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I prefer them in the round. Knit flat with a seam doesn't work for me. I like the folded hem of Frieda's Mittens rather than ribbing at the cuff.

What new techniques would you like to try? I don't know what my options are!

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? 5 Bamboo dpn's - not too long.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Shaefer Anne, ....

What yarn do you totally covet? I've been wanting to try Socks That Rock. (I want to get over my dislike of sock knitting - you are NOT expected to take care of that for me.)

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I've been dreaming about Rogue lately - not that that has anything to do with mittens.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I'm pretty hooked on Addi Turbos. I knit all my flat work on circs. I think bamboo is my preferred material for dpns, though metal works for a lot of things.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I don't think I've found the yarn I am yet.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Good dark chocolate ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifs always welcome.

What’s your favorite animal?
my dog, Loyd (yes, one L), whales, owls

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? With winter descending on MN, I'm thinking warm. But, I've found my Fetchings to be quite useful.

If you were a color what color would you be? plum


What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Queen Anne's Lace


Do you have a wishlist? no.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? that's enough for tonight. Check back tomorrow for a post about my visit to Chiripa in Madison....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm off to knit & natter today, so you've given me food for thought. I too love sock yarn but don't get thesock knitting thing. I did it once for me & once for my baby granddaughter!
Secret Swapper

Lumpyheadsmom said...

I have a request: a newborn hat. I started one myself, but it looks, well, dumb. I want something I can plop on her conehead after she emerges that will be in lots of pictures but won't be the standard-issue hospital stocking cap. Can you help a muther out Auntly H?