12 May 2007

Knitting Frenzy, etc

You know I've been knitting a lot; this is not news. But, I'm going to tell you about some more of my knitting because among other things, this is my knitting blog.

Thisbecame theseand these
Some of this

became

I also bought some #8 dpn's so I could make hats. The photo above doesn't capture how sparkly the Addi "Premiums" are, but you can probably believe that they feel really weird after using 6" long 0's for so long. I struggled to adjust to their heft while making Miss Dashwood (still looking for a suitable model/stand). I have more than a ball of the Calmer left so I might just whip up a second, slightly bigger Katja. I want to see if I can fix the jog in the texture stripes while knitting it in the round.

In other news, the taking back of my journals seems to have worked. I've had some time alone in the apartment this week as ElectricYoak has had long days of classes, plus my German teacher was sick on Friday so we didn't have class. I started by writing a lot of the last post into my journal. Then, I glued things in, wrote, drew, painted.... When E'Yoak got home, it was weighted down with some books to help keep the glued bits stuck. He asked what was in it and I defiantly said, "stuff." This might not have been the best response for our relationship as he looked a little hurt and said, "but I'm taking an interest....." Then, he dropped it. Maybe he gets it. I should probably try to explain a bit, in a more grown-up way, soon, but I was still tentative about my regained control of the blank pages. Yesterday, I wrote, drew, painted again. I even painted something I wasn't looking at. An idea I have for a design competition I'm thinking about entering - if I can figure out Illustrator. I'll post more on that if I enter (because I'll need your votes). The best thing? It was actually FUN! There was no sense that I should be doing it. I wanted to and I had a good time. I think it's actually the first time that doing anything in my visual journal felt completely like playing.

And, to reward you for making it through all that rambling prose, here's a photo of one of my (many) favorite things at the V&A in London.
Eleanor of Aquitaine

I'm off to knit up some baby hats for my niecely and listen to the latest Cast-On. And then I might make myself a Sheldon with leftover sock yarn. He'll get a variety of shells so he can match them to his mood.

2 comments:

Em said...

Hooray for productivity, taking back the journals, and Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

good lord, Sheldon is so cute I had to squeal a little.