28 January 2008

kudos!


My dear friend & Viennese chef extraordinaire, Angelika, and her bread steward, Gino, were featured in the New York Times on Sunday. Read the article here. See the photos also on Angelika's blog.

You might recall that I had the pleasure of assisting this little gem of a restaurant's take off. I am so happy to have seen the beginnings (and to have been served many delicacies from this kitchen).

Congratulations, my dear friends! I miss you!

5 comments:

peaknits said...

How awesome, hurray for success - this is the friend who got your fabulous Candle Flame shawl, right?? I started my first chart last night! Yikes - I'm sure it will all come together but I forgot how much I need to "pay attention" doing lace:) The Wollmeise is a dream!

Hope your new job rocks!

Em said...

How awesome is that! Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

OH, you are such a sweetheart ! What a surprise to find "our" photo here when checking out your site ! Thank you so much, my dear.

Just as you say the article also features Gino who really means an integrative part of the whole, not only being responsible for the bread. You know that our dogs share everything, they share every change, every new turn in our life - they are our best friends and join us everywhere. You can understand this better than anybody else, I know. And I am so happy to have another great and lovely friend, far away but so close at the same time, who shares a lot and who, as I see it, acted as the tDR's Godmother. I will never forget the times we spent together (and the bottles we shared, especially on that very evening) and I do hope that soon many more times will be added to them. We, Gino and I, miss you dearly !!!

MoD said...

5 stars! I shared this with my mom, who will share it with her friends. Are you ready for viral marketing Angelika?!

Rebecca Hickman said...

What a beautiful dog and owner. Congratulations to your friend.