15 March 2008

Foray into the 21st Century

The "mysterious" Robert Finn has just released a prequel to Adept and Ex Machina, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. This time around, you can order a paperback (quite inexpensive, but must wait for shipping) or you can download the book (free!!!) in one of six formats. Since I have not purchased a new e-book reader from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or whomever is creating these things now, I opted for the pdf and am about halfway through reading on my MacBook Pro. For the first time, reading on screen is not bothering me at all. Maybe that's because I'm not editing, just reading for the pleasure of it. Maybe my eyes are adapting to my life dominated by electronic communication. Maybe the book is so good, I just don't care how I see it.

Interested in trying it for yourself? Click the button to get your own copy...
button

For those of you wondering whether these are your sort of book, I believe they are in the "thriller" category. I think they're a brainy sort of suspense novel. They're in the vein of the DaVinci Code - in a really good way. I may order the paperback, too - to have the whole set on my shelves. Just seeing the covers takes me back to London...

3 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Ooooooh! Free book! Not that I have time to read it. :-p

Em said...

What a cool thing to have discovered. My problem with reading online is that I can't bring the desktop to bed with me : ) but I am glad you are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm sure R. Finn will be blushing right now, thanks to your kind words. There's a big giveaway of paper copies coming up (in the UK) so Snowbooks has got lots spare if you'd like a few to give away. (Not sure I've got your postal address, though, so can you e-mail it to me?)