14 November 2008

P is for the Pancremaniacs


Happy World Diabetes Day!

Last year, I “celebrated” with a Q&A (of which I can do another installment, if you have more questions) and some links. This year, I’m asking for a a little bit of help.

Eight years ago (or thereabouts), a group of friends rode the Tour de Cure with me, under the team banner of The Pancremaniacs. The ride was, frankly, awful. It was cold, disorganized, the route unmarked…. The only good parts were the post-ride party hosted at my house by MoD and the support I felt from my friends/teammates just a few months after I started pumping.

The Pancremaniacs 2001

This summer, two of them mentioned they’d be willing to ride again and a few others expressed interest in pedaling along. The event seems to have matured and I am fairly certain none of us will get lost this time. So, I’ve signed up myself and created a team. If you’d like to ride with us on June 6, 2009, go here and join the team. If you’d prefer to sponsor me, you can find my page here (and you'll get another chance to join the team). If you'd rather simply offer us a cheer, post it in the comments, please.

Now, go out and learn something about the bigD (Type 1 and/or Type 2, Gestational; you pick) that you didn't know and share it with your friends. After all, today is all about raising awareness.

(17April 2011: Edited to add labels)

No comments: