13 November 2007

World Diabetes Day

Regardless of appearances, I swear this is not turning into a diabetes blog. What knitting has been accomplished has barely made it to Ravelry, much less gotten a post written about it. Soon... maybe after the AIA-MN convention which oh so conveniently envelopes a deadline. And, yes, I owe you "G." The check is in the mail, as they say. Which really means that I haven't come up with a good G word appropriate to the bloggity Encyclopedia of Me.

That said, it is...

In honor of the blue circle, I thought I'd give you those links I promised in the last Q&A. This is by no means a comprehensive list, just some good resources you might find helpful or interesting that I've bookmarked along the way.

Blogs:
Six Until Me She writes really well and articulates how lows feel as well as how living with the Big D affects her life in a way that makes me realize I'm not alone.
Kassie doesn't post as often, but there's something about her writing style that has me checking back regularly, now that I've started reading D blogs.
Diabetes Mine asked Steve Jobs to design a pump. Someone else is trying to meet her demands. I hope they get there. I'll keep checking in.

Excellent Resource for pumpers and their loved ones (it was invaluable while "shopping" for my pump and when I started. I have to admit I haven't been back for a few years):
Insulin Pumpers

Official-y Links (not actually bookmarked on my browser):
The American Diabetes Association
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
World Diabetes Day
Diabetes Health (I get the e-newsletter)

Happy WDD and thanks for being part of my support network (oh, is that what the blue circle is about????)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An estimated 20 percent of all high-blood-pressure patients, or 12 million Americans, have LVH and are at increased risk of developing diabetes.

Em said...

Thanks for letting us know about today! Have fun at your convention.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Happy World Diabetes Day.