Last night, around 9 I ran out of reinforcing yarn for a pair of gift socks I'm knitting. I am at the beginning of the second toe. I should be done now, but I have to wait for Borealis to open at noon so I can get more.
So, I decided to start swatching for my Harvest Sock Swap sock. My typical 0's were obviously too small. I started magic looping on 1's. This morning, I looked at the pattern again. It calls for Sport Weight. The perfect yarn I bought is not sport weight. *&$^ Back to the internet for a new pattern.... Apparently "Autumn Equinox" was not the perfect pattern for a harvest sock swap after all. Sigh.
(Peaknit, is your luck with this swap contagious?)
3 comments:
OMG - apparently my luck - albeit bad - is catching - ew, sorry. Ugh. I am thinking about just doing something different today to clear my head:)
I don't know what it is with sport weight sock patterns lately! I have sockweight for a good 1/2 dozen pair of socks, but I keep finding sport weight patterns I want to knit! Oh well; hopefully ya'll bad luck isn't catching...I'm just casting on for my pal's sock tonight.
I too have been having trouble with patterns for your Harvest socks. Still in search of the perfect pattern :)
Your Harvest pal
Post a Comment