On the knitting front, progress is being made. I gifted Dad's birthday socks to him on Thanksgiving. He has reported that they fit perfectly. Mom's been tasked with photographing them on his feet. In the meantime, here's the wrapper I made for them:
I don't know how to offer you "click to enlarge" features (other than to say you could try it), so the tag line at the top is a (not so eloquent) nod to Brenda Dayne. It says: "When it's too cold to go barefoot at the beach, put on some socks." The feet are (from left to right) Mom's, Dad's and my left one.I finished my Harvest Sock Swap sock. Just need to finish assembling some goodies before I mail the package. I'm thinking that I'll pick up a treat or two at the No Coast Craft-o-rama next weekend and use the full time offered for this swap.
I've started test-knitting for Ms. B. I don't have my tiny circ's from Knit Picks yet, but I couldn't wait any longer so I cast onto 2.5mm Addi Turbos and will just accept that the feet of these will be a bit bigger than intended. It shouldn't really matter for the testing and if they don't fit anyone who will wear them, I'll just reclaim the Wollmeise for myself. See? Win-win!
I've stalled a bit on the "Cardigan for Merry" as that baby's not due until January. There are gifts and assignments that must be finished sooner so I'll be casting on some new things before I return to that project.
Oh, and the Secret of the Stole is blocking now. Photos to follow when it's dry and I find some daylight.
Tchuß!
4 comments:
That is one AMAZING sock band - I love it!!!
Very thoughtful sock wrapping. beautiful. Test knitting - Billy Reid? I'm so jealous:) In a good way! I can't wait to see your finished stole!
What a great idea to make your own sock band. And they couldn't have gone to a better guy.
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Awesome.
Post a Comment