16 August 2009

apologies and resolutions + gratitude

I try not to make it a habit to apologize for quiet times here. I figure all bloggers and most blog readers understand that sometimes there's nothing to type or the photos aren't ready to post or life just gets a blogger down. But, I'm in the midst of two significant swaps now. There's SP14 and Knitting Cluedo (a swap game modeled on the board game I loved as a kid). And I really ought to be blogging at least once a week. To my spoilees, I am sorry I don't have a lot of new things here to give you ideas. I'm going to try harder starting now.

So, this evening, I'm going to crank up the music and try to put some things in order around the house to get the clutter demons to quit jabbing me (so hard). Then, I'm going to eat a decent supper of good things from my CSA. If I've got energy left, I'm going to shrink some photos of my tomatoes and the things I baked for my birthday and post them here for your visual pleasure.

I've got a question for you... does anyone have any suggestions for a Fly Lady- like system without the overwhelming factor? I tried to read her stuff a long time ago and found it to be a bit much. Help me find the motivation to get the dishes done, but I don't need to see myself reflected in the kitchen sink. I've heard Remember the Milk is good, but I don't think it gives you suggested lists to start from. What works for you?

On a totally different topic... I just read a post by the Yarn Harlot. She describes all that she put into a pair of socks for Tina, her partner in creating Sock Summit. I posted a couple years ago about how it felt to have a knitted gift well-received (this is a huge understatement). Stephanie's post is the knitting side of the story. And it's beautiful. The knitters among my readers will understand. Any of the rest of you who have ever made something for someone (or want to) will get it too. Go, read!

Back soon with photos, a return to the Encyclopedia of Me Meme (Q stalled me out, but I have a couple of ideas and I'm really looking forward to R), and perhaps even a bit of knitting!

1 comment:

angelika said...

A HUGE understatement indeed. This very gift has joined me like a strong link in a life full of changes. Hugs!