17 August 2009

SP Thank You

A brief divergence from my planned updates. It's a good thing I celebrate my whole birth month. That means photos of things I made for my birthday aren't out of date yet....

Today, I picked up my CSA share and struggled home through traffic that reminded me that whether you come from the West, North or South, it's a bear to get to my house during rush hour. East is likely as bad, but I haven't battled that recently. Handel's Water Music on the radio kept me fairly calm, so really, not a terrible day, despite my realization that it's Monday and I would have sworn it was Tuesday (probably because I went to the office yesterday to catch up on a few things).

After I got home, things perked right up. There was a packaged stuffed into my mail slot from my Secret Pal. Mind you, yesterday she(?) emailed me the pattern for the Blossom Shawl - looks like a great portable lace project and calls for a yarn I've been wanting to try.

Forgive the harsh lighting. I was on the South side of the house at about 5:30. I know it breaks all the rules of "good" photography, but if I didn't take the picture right away, it wasn't going to get taken.

Clockwise from upper left: a retractable clip on scissor wrangler, a skein of beautiful plum sport-weight wool from Finland, snag-free stitch markers (how did she know how much I needed/wanted more?), a nail file, a flat pen/bookmark, a blank postcard from Miami University (a hint?), a row counter that looks fabulous for circular knitting, sugar-free sour candy, a sheep card, and sugar-free Altoids. Rockin' package, no? Thank you, SP!

This is my first SP swap and I'm feeling a little bit lost, but I'm getting inspired now. I have settled on a theme for the big reveal package for my spoilee (and some of the contents for it), but I realized today that I want to send a little package or two before the grand finale so I'm working on a few tidbits to remind her that someone's paying attention out here.

Long way around to simply say, THANK YOU SP! Can't wait to "meet" you.

3 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Yay for birth-months.

angelika said...

Oh I am sorry as a non-knitter I can't take part in this very swap. But I am happy for you! AND: I will avoid to arrive from the East.

Missing you tons, angelika (and gino). More to write soon.

littlelixie said...

Great Parcel!

x SP Hostess.