26 November 2009

Strut Mr. Turkey

It's that time of year again. Time to share some gratitude. I know I have international readers who probably don't celebrate the US's Thanksgiving, but perhaps you could take a moment anyway and tell someone something you're grateful for (how about telling me, in the comments?). I've had a rough couple of years, but there are many things that fill me with gratitude. Here's a big one (only she's pretty little):

eskimo kiss photo by Treden

That's FiG, my niecely (wearing the Sundog sweater I made her). She's amazing. Funny, particular, smart, and in charge. Tonight, her dad posted to me on Facebook that when he told her they'd be having Thanksgiving dinner with me, she replied, "and I am going to love her." Yeah, I'm a puddle.

I am so very thankful for FiG. How about you?

ps. the title of this post comes from a song I learned in preschool or kindergarten. It's still common to hear it at my parents' house, especially due to the wild turkeys in the yard. The lyrics went something like this:
Who's that over there looking mighty perky?
Looks like it must be old Mr. Turkey!
Strut, Mr. Turkey, that's a fancy way to walk;
Strut Mr. Turkey, that's a fancy way to walk!
Brilliant, no? I recommend singing it while coloring hand-tracing turkey illustrations. Hmmm. I better pack my crayons.

3 comments:

Em said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! How is it that I do not know said song? So adorable.

I'm grateful to be spending Thanksgiving with Cary's family while knowing we have Ethan's b-day celebration to look forward to later in the weekend.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

That song is awesome. What's the tune?

I'm grateful for the trite stuff - family, friends, plenty - and the unpleasant stuff - vomit, laundry, mortgage - because it makes the good stuff better.

Happy Thanksgiving.

MoD said...

I....We...are grateful for you H.