10 February 2007

Auf Wiedersehen

(I hope I spelled that right - I have a truancy problem when it comes to my independent study German lessons.)

No pictures today - the card readers are packed.

I'm procrastinating the rest of said packing. No, I'm taking a short break from the packing. I am feeling confident about the carry-on, and I even think everything's going to make it in the checked luggage. Curt's going to get really tired of my clothes while we're gone, but art supplies and medical equipment are more important to me than fashion. And, if we avoid excess baggage fees, maybe I can put that money toward some nice European threads....

iPod update and contest of sorts: I took the poor dear to my local Apple Genius Bar. The guy there couldn't reproduce the problems. He suggested one more thing to try, theorized on the problem if that didn't solve it, and told me if my player were still in warranty, he'd replace it. Since it was over 2 years old, even the extended warranty I didn't buy wouldn't have saved my wallet. He did let me know about the trade-in/recycling program which gets you 10% off the replacement, though.... I headed home and tried again. I didn't have to restore it for a 5th time, but it got totally stuck again and wouldn't eject right. Now, given more time, I might have been able to get it going or have it repaired, but departure is imminent and I like having tunes on the plane so I headed back to the Apple store and traded in for a new 30 GB black iPod. Curt asked if I was glad I did it. I am, but I also feel a bit guilty. I added a piece of felt to the hardside case I had which requires me to open it to flip the hold switch, but otherwise seems ok. At least it will get us over the ocean. So, the contest: I need a name for this bit o' technology. You come up with a name I use (or inspire it) and I'll send you a little something from Austria - item to be determined. If I don't know it, please include your email in the comment so I can contact you for a mailing address. Feel free to spell out things like "dot" to avoid spam.

I intend to keep posting here about crafty and personal things, but most Vienna-related subject matter will be posted over at Midwester-Wiener.

I think that's it until we get hooked up in our new apartment. See you on the flip side.

No comments: