Yes, today. Less than 1 week before I ride airplanes for more hours than I can count on my fingers. Today; a few days after I became voluntarily (temporarly) unemployed. Today; a day after I shelled out almost $500 for my prescriptions to cover our time away. Today; a little more than a week after I bought myself this. Not that I regret the purchase, but it makes buying a new iPod a not so simple decision. I love my iPod. I have no doubt that it was a good purchase the first time, nor that it would be a good purchase now. But, I don't want to buy another anything this week.
I looked at the Nanos, thinking I could get less than a replacement (I had the 20 GB so the comprable model would be an upgrade). But, the 4GB is only $49 less than the 8GB (and I have more than 6 GB in iTunes). And the 8GB costs the same as the 30GB, color screen iPod (available in BLACK). So, I might as well get the one I'd want if I were in the market, right? If I'm going to buy one, that is. Curt did offer me his iPod since he really anticipates only using it in the speakers we just bought for our iPods, not for moving around. Only then his music won't be on it and we miss the point of his mix being in the speakers. But, I don't want to buy another anything. (except a little tripod and a CF reader and....)
Sigh.
In the good news column:
The journals are ready to go.
The gold covered one has been delivered to a trusted friend who will document the goings-on here at home while we're gone.
And, look: just as I hoped, er, planned, a journal fits well into the camera bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment