Early in January, I went in for my annual exam. My dr. told me she likes to get a baseline mammogram for her patients when they're 35-40 (and start annual m'grams at 40). While this was a brutal reminder that I'm tipping toward the latter part of my decade, I agreed that I'd take care of this before leaving the country for 5 months. Perhaps thanks to Miss Violet's boobrock saga, I decided that knowledge is power and better to know than put off the squishing. I managed to get an appointment at the Jane Brattain Breast Center. It's a little like a spa, but no one is there for a soothing massage. They give you really nice robes and the technicians are really nice and professional. While I found no enjoyment whatsoever in the squishing and taking of films, the whole procedure was much less dreadful than anticipated.
Today, I got the letter that told me that everything looked normal. The images are on file for future reference - 5 years from now, if I stay lucky.
Ladies, don't put this off! It's not so bad and knowing is better than fearing. Gents, encourage the women in your life to take care of this detail. You'll appreciate the peace of mind almost as much as she will.
Nagging complete. I'm back to making the cases (covers) for my travel journals. It's gonna be a late night.
No comments:
Post a Comment