18 January 2007

KMKS complete

I finished the Knit Mitt Kit for Julie. She posted a REALLY nice description here.

I modified an Amy Butler pattern to create the knitting project bag.












































I added a (now out-of-print) mitten pattern booklet by Kristin Nicholas, Julia yarn (also by Kristin), some 6" dpn's, and a chocolate bar made by BT McElrath for the Walker Art Center (for a little local flavor).

5 comments:

Peachy said...

Hi!

Thanks for the offer, but yetsreday evening I got the adress of a store that should have somne, or get me some - I still have delusions about living in a big city, but I guess in more rural regions getting crafty things might even be easier - or I'm just unable to find the right stores!

I'm really looking forward to when you come to Vienna - right now the weather's so warm, I fear until you come the snow will be here, too (at least they PROMISED snow for next week). You even just missed the even of the season, our own residental hurricane - now the rest of the year has to be quite boring.

Oh, and the knitting project bag really turned out great!


Greetings from a slightly stormy Vienna,
Barbara

Em said...

What a completely gorgeous bag. How did you ever manage to part with it?

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it! Seeing this embodiment of your talent reminds me that I do not want you to leave me, my crafty friend! I am already missing you.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is an awesome bag! Absolutely beautiful! Maybe i learn how to sew some day.

peaknits said...

What an incredible bag - you are the best partner! Great job! I am entirely jealous of your pal! :)