25 January 2007

Akutaq's Hat

Akutaq is here! I got her hat mailed so it would at least arrive by the time she gets home from the hospital. Since I'm not sure that newborn heads are comparable in size to a corn meal canister, I added a tiny bit of rib with an eyelet row for a ribbon. Not only does she get a girly bow (without it being glued onto a rubber band around her head), but her mom and dad can adjust the hat so it fits her tiny and for a couple of weeks of her first growth spurt. At least that's what I'm hoping.

2 comments:

Em said...

So adorable!!! Great idea with the adjustability. Way to go getting in the mail. I am fretting over what to purchase since am not knitting and baby gifts now seem so momentous as I am not buying as many as I once did.

I love the hat!!!

Angie said...

The hat is adorable, thank you for letting me know about the knitted pottery, I had forgotten that I had listened to Cast-on that day.