I discovered that my 2.5mm Addi Turbos gave me the right gauge for Two Thumbs Up, but I only have a 16-inch or a 40-inch circular, not two 24-inch circ's. So, I decided to try my hand at the Magic Loop method. I watched the video at Knitting Help and then experimented a bit. I felt like I was going backwards compared to the video, but the right direction based on every other thing I've knit in the round. I managed to get the left mitt started and the pattern established on Wednesday. I knit up to the separation of thumb from hand on the train to Prague on Thursday. I finished it off on the train ride home Sunday. I did have to redo that round a couple of times due to confusion, mostly because I was trying to revise the pattern in my head for Magic Loop.
Then, to give myself a break, I cast on some of my leftover Socks That Rock "Nodding Violet" to make a Fibonacci ribbed iPod case. The flap didn't work out as I hoped, but the rest seems pretty good. I think blocking the flap will help. I just need to knit a couple of more rounds and then graft the bottom. I was feeling like I wanted to make something in spring colors and this fit the bill. The "Two Thumbs Up" are in very fall colors (or masculine - I keep thinking I should rip out the mitt and make Curt a pair of socks...Nah!) which seem off to me as we're having 60+ degree, sunny days here, the flowers are blooming, the trees are budding and the birds are singing.
So, the right mitt needs to be made and then I'll post photos. Also, I need to sew the sleeves on my Rogue hoodie so I can photograph it. I'm so excited to have it done, but I'm afraid it's too warm to wear it this spring. Maybe we'll get a cool day again before summer hits full force.
No comments:
Post a Comment