I finished Two Thumbs Up! in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock "Java" while we entertained 3 teenagers (and my brother-in-law). I really wanted to make them, but I knew from the beginning that the colorway was all wrong. There was quite a bit of yarn left, so I cast on another Shifting Sands scarf. Of course, it's not long enough, but I'm loving it so I'm going to frog the mitts to make the scarf as long as I can. I will look for a more appropriate luxury yarn for the mitts while we're in London.
I'm hoping that my choice to continue the pattern up the backs of the mitts will mean there's a little more yarn in them...
I have sock yarn so I can get started on the 4 Socks a Season KAL.
I even did gauge swatches! I have learned that for socks, I generally prefer using US 0's because I like the tighter fabric. I think I can quit trying three sizes of needles for each new yarn and just do the 0's and then find patterns that work. I actually also tried the Lana Grossa Mega Sock Stretch (far right) on my 2.5 mm Addi Turbos and liked the feel so I cast on Snicket Socks using the Magic Loop technique. The stickier bamboo dpn's were wearing me out.
The middle yarn is Lana Grossa Meilweit (sp?) Cotton Stretch. I'm going to make Kew Socks from that (after seeing the place in person). The stripes might interfere with the pattern, but I'm hoping it will be ok.
On the left is a skein of Opal that Barbara gave me when we (finally) met yesterday. The colors aren't quite right now that I've put the photo into Blogger, but I think you can understand why this one says "winter" to me. So, I'm thinking I might save that for later in the KAL.
1 comment:
I envy all the knitting you are doing. Hope you are enjoying the visit from the relatives and meeting Barbara. I think I made a pair of socks with Opal once. You must be a really relaxed knitter -- I think I used US 2s or 3s!
Post a Comment