25 April 2007

Yarn candy

Yesterday, ElectricYoak suggested that my next knitting project should be a gift for a new baby girl born in March to friends of ours in SLC. (If you are her parents and you found your way here, quit reading, please!) I searched Knitty's archives for patterns and came up with Katja and Miss Dashwood. Yep, two little presents. I searched Rowan's website for compatible yarn since I know the tiny shop near the Rathaus carries Rowan. I think I can make both projects out of just two skeins of yarn, but I bought three to be safe. Christine put them in a cute, lime green bag while asking me if I really like Calmer - "it's so soft, but so expensive!"


I also bought a skein of Online Bamboo yarn with orange in it. E'Yoak talked me into an orange shirt when we were in Stuttgart so I figured I should make some coordinating socks. The Regia in back is the subject of the previous post. I think the green bamboo will be Pomatomus and the orange will become Jaywalkers. Or maybe cabled Widdershins. (I accidentally felted my wool Widdershins this week.)

2 comments:

Em said...

Auntlyh, my brain is not working properly. What is slc? Is that the Viennese abbrev. for the USA or something different? Nice yarn. Lucky baby.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Green! I'm green with envy!

So. Cute.

I hear Salt Lake City is a very kid-friendly place, too. Jealous!