20 June 2007

A contest

Monday will be my "blogiversary." In honor of this, I'd like to add a profile photo. Well, actually, I'd like to add an avatar. I have learned that I do not photograph well, especially when I'm trying. The best pictures of me are taken when I have no idea there's a camera pointed at me. This means I don't have access to most of them. And, anyway, I'm not sure I want to use a photo. I tried making an avatar in Meez, but it didn't represent me at all.

So, dear readers, I'm seeking your help. Make me an avatar and if I use it, I'll knit you a custom pair of socks (if you don't knit them yourself) or sew a customized needle roll or project bag (if you're a knitter). I'm also willing to negotiate if neither prize suits your wishes. I'd like to use this at Ravelry and the Lime 'n' Violet message board, too. Ravelry allows many profile photos so there's a good chance there will be runner-up prizes. Well, if any of you are game for this....

Monday's awfully soon for creative work I don't know how to do so I will give you until I'm back in MN. That means your deadline for submissions is July 5. Post a comment and let me know how to reach you or email me at: auntlyh AT gmail DOT com (you know what to do with that).

Thanks!

P.S. Natasha brings up a good point. Some of you don't know me in "real" life. I scrolled through all my posts and realized that I've done a really good job of keeping myself behind the camera. You can see a nice photo of me with ElectricYoak at the bottom of the post here. There are other photos of me sprinkled throughout that blog, but I don't know how representative they are.
So, a little summary for you. Not exactly a 7 things meme, just a list. of 7 things.
  • My hair is fairly curly, med-brown (a bit darker and reddish when I color it the way I like).
  • My eyes are light brown.
  • My favorite color is plum. Or maybe Gewitterhimmel by Wollmeise. Or....
  • I am a knitter (surprise! :) ). I am also an architect (for money) and a bookbinder (for the love of it). I often think I should have been a librarian.
  • I have a major crush on Paris (France).
  • My husband and I have lived in Vienna for just over four months and we're returning to Minnesota in less than two weeks. I will really miss living in Europe, but I'm looking forward to seeing our dog again. See the last post about other conflicting feelings about this move.
  • "I am 32 flavors and then some."
If you have other questions, let me know. If you don't mind, please include your email address so I can write back to you. Blogger doesn't help me contact you when you comment. Or, email me at the address in this post (above).

2 comments:

Natasha said...

what do you look like? as in hair, eyes ect. What are your fav colours?

Em said...

Aw shucks, that sounds like a lot of work. Can I just submit the photo from camping in Door County when we were six?