
Natasha takes the prize. She even made me avatars in two sizes for easy use in different venues. This may seem like a little thing, but, despite my usual ability to figure things out, I've never quite gotten a handle on digital graphics. I'll work on that someday....
First, though, I've signed up for the Tour de France Knit-a-long. If you've known me awhile, you know I have a huge crush on Paris and a love for most things French. I decided to go for le maillot a pois rouges. It's not just that I love polka dots (and red), I chose to contend in the mountain-climber category with my Mystery Stole #3 project. I am getting a bit of a late start (compared to the 5000+ people knitting MS3) because my yarn was in MN while I was still in Vienna. Today, I bought beads, Addi Turbo Lace needles and a TINY crochet hook (for the beading). I started swatching (with my lovely black yarn) and realized that this is going to be lace like I've never tried before. I'm happy to be stretching my skills. I'm also a little afraid. The swatch will be blocked tonight and the real knitting will begin as the bikers begin the ride of the year. I'm also a little slow jumping on the Tour de France bandwagon, but I'm not really late since sign-ups close tomorrow. You can still join the race; grab your helmet and click that link!
I'm off to brush up on my French vocabulary... (and find the keystrokes for appropriate accents).
A bientot!
3 comments:
Welcome home!
I had no idea there was a Tour de France knit along. The mountain climbers have the best jerseys (duh). What a cool thing to do. But I have to admit that the description of your project sounds completely insane!
Bon Chance! I think that's right. I am too exhausted to worry.
What a cool KAL - I think I will join up with the Mystery Stole as well - it certainly will be a challenge for me - already is:) Thank you for the link!
I did the same...I joined up and decided on the MS3. I started mine on 7-7-07 so I started late as well.
Post a Comment