
After leaving Loyd at the vet for x-rays, scrubbing the deck with ElectricYoak, and picking up Loyd (he's doing really, really well for an old dog), I got to watch the end of the rebroadcast of Stage 5 and finish off clue 2 of the MS3. I missed any food references Phil Leggitt might have made today, but I did enjoy watching the riders screaming down the hill. My purl rows are definitely down slopes - much faster, but fraught with potential for disaster. There are YO's to drop, stitches stuck together I could forget to separate.... The knit rows are much slower as I carefully count and create all the patterning, but the purl rows are where all that work could be lost. A lace project was right on for le maillot a pois rouges.
Many thanks to Rob who sent me this link. It's too late for me to throw enough French into this post to use it tonight, but it will come in handy soon, I'm sure. Merci beaucoup!
I don't have any good guesses for the theme of the Mystery Stole #3, but I thought looking at it upside down (see above) might help. I suspect proper blocking would help, too, but it's a WIP so be happy I used as many pins as I did. Boats? Bees? I don't know enough symbology to figure it out and, honestly, I kind of like just knitting along without knowing. Knitting it in black is like that, you can't quite see what's going on, but if the number of stitches stays right, you're doing ok. I think Melanie wrote that she'd reveal the theme on my birthday, even though the last clue doesn't come until August 17. That would be a nice present.
p.s. I am, at last, feeling better. A bit behind in a lot of things, but ready to get caught up now. Almost ready to face "real life."
3 comments:
With the tip facing up in the first pic, it looks a lot like a Fleur de Lis to me. What's more Francais than that?
your ms3 is looking great. I cast mine aside for my other polka dot project!! good luck, your's looks very neat. I'm not sure what the pattern is either. I saw someone else's and it looked like a frog, but your's is different again!! the beads look nice on it.
Your stole is gorgeous so far and hopefully will inspire me to get moving - mid-clue #2 nd it's clue 3 day! yikes! I couldn't have said it better - those purl rows can give a false sense of security - those darn YO's! :)
Post a Comment