
I'm not going to win any polka-dotted jerseys like this! I raced through the MS3 Clue 1 while watching most of the Tour de France Prologue. (aside: why was the start of the Tour de FRANCE starting in the UK? I love London, but it isn't in France.) I then succumbed to a vicious cold. I was pretty delirious while I flipped between Stage 1 and the men's final of Wimbledon, and often unconscious so no beaded lace for me.
We took a quick trip to visit the in-laws and pick up E'Yoak's car. Talk about the perfect return to Americana: we went to our nephew's baseball game. It was a lot of fun to watch 6th and 7th grad boys playing. The coaches were really good models of sportsmanship. I was fantastic at 3rd base and ok at other positions. He pitched the last inning and did really well on some, but threw more balls that usual (according to his grandma); he might have been showing off for us. E'Yoak is still at his mom's, waiting for some test results from a podiatrist appointment he had this morning. I brought Loyd home and called for a vet appointment since he's stiff and limping. What's with the joints of these men I love?
So, now I'm home, with just a few days to knit through Clue 2. I'm off to knit some more.....
A bientôt!
(p.s. does anyone know the keystroke for an accent grave on a Mac? My cheat sheet is on the slow boat from Austria and I can't find it!)
2 comments:
Your shawl looks beautiful! I bet it is fun figuring out the mystery of it all.
The Tour de France was probably starting in London because Snowbooks is putting out some cycling titles and we wanted a P.R. boost. Em's good at arranging stuff like that.
Glad you're both home safe.
Post a Comment