A couple weekends ago, I finished a pair of Fratellos. I'm quite happy with the result. If I were to make them again, I think I would stick with stockinette for the toe (at least the bottom of it), but the transition occurs in a fine spot and doesn't cause discomfort. I should note that I don't really like the provisional cast-on, short-row toe construction so I used Judy's Magic Cast-on and increased to make the toe "box." From there, I followed Yarnissima's excellent directions. Firestarters aren't far behind and I might become a Yarnissima junkie. Wollmeise stalking has resumed (and I still have a gift certificate from Christmas '07 - if only that could help me jump the line).
Anyway, here they are (love that gusset):

2 comments:
These are SO great - love, love, love the color. One of these days, I'm going to need to learn to knit socks. :)
I love the gusset too. What great photos - can we call it yarn porn?
Post a Comment