January: I sent a (small) sketchbook off to Brooklyn as part of the Sketchbook Project. In the back, I included a letter to my inner critic whose name, it seems, is Eleanor. I reminded her that crayons are awesome. I rarely let anyone see any of my visual journals/sketchbooks so this was hard for me, but I did it, one tiny step toward a goal of worrying less about what others think and just doing things that interest me.
February: I had an almost four hour interview and subsequently received a letter informing me that I have been accepted into Can Do Canines' Diabetes Assist Dog program. (I have since learned that I will start training with a mid-sized labrador retriever on April 19.) The prospect of having a dog in my life again makes me extraordinarily happy. Having a (canine) partner, for now known as T9, helping to keep me safe and well cared for feels really good.
March: The Pancremaniacs reached membership of 21 registered for the Twin Cities' Tour de Cure and I am so pleased. I would love to make it 30, but 1 for every year I've lived with Type 1 diabetes works for me. I'm shifting my focus to my fundraising, training and team captaining (training ride and post event party planning). I love biking and I can't wait to do this ride with my family and friends by my side.
Art by Treden Wagoner
I'm still waiting for BADASS! self-nominations. I was hoping to feature one per month, but I'll gladly stack them up.... If you know someone you think deserves to be featured, send them a message telling them why. It might help them see they are worthy of nomination. Guidelines here!
technical notes: 1. I changed a setting in my blog controls so it should be sending a "short" feed w/link to readers and Facebook. If it doesn't work, I'll set it back to full for next time and apologize now for the weirdness.
2. I like the look of this blog template, but it fails on the universal design front so I'm on a quest for better legibility. If you have any suggestions for good Blogger templates, let me know. Thanks!

3 comments:
Dear Eleanor,
Crayons are indeed awesome. Auntlyh knows more than she thinks.
Dear Auntlyh,
April 19?! April 19!!!
Love,
Em
Yay!!!! You are so very badass!! :)
VERY Badass! w00t! :-)
Post a Comment