24 May 2011

100 miles

For a change, this post has nothing to do with biking, though as I typed the title my Sept. goal flashed brightly in my brain.

This, however, is just a quick link for anyone "within miles of a diabetic" (which I read as 100 miles, hence the title). Everyone is within miles of a diabetic so everyone probably ought to read this from AmyT and this from Wil. While we're on the topic, The Behavioral Diabetes Institute has a good, brief etiquette guide.

It is highly probable that I'm bothering to post this today because in less than 48 hours, Becca the SuperDog T9 comes home to stay. My almost invisible "disability" is about to get a whole lot of attention and I can't even predict how it's going to go. All I can know is that a big change is coming and most of it is for the better.

3 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Hope all goes well with Becca.
I got a dog walking gig, with 3 pugs - Teeny, Tiny and Bitsy. THey were rescued from a puppy mill and in very bad shape. But once their owner, Grace, started being nice, they also became very affectionate. They walk on a triple leash and attract a lot of attention. Usually we do part of Lake of the Isles.
Good luck with the super pooch!

Roz Stendahl said...

Heather, what news about Becca? Since May???
Roz

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'd like to send you a private message, if that's okay. I can't find contact information on your blog. I'm the editor of ASweetLife.org. You can reach me at jess [at] asweetlife.org. Best, J.