In keeping with the theme, I forgot to write and post this on Wednesday. Then, Blogger went down and wouldn't let me post it on Thursday. On to my post... I’ve had plenty of mishaps and headslap moments in my 20+ years with diabetes, but the blooper I feel like sharing is really a life blooper turned diabetes opportunity…
I was almost to work on Wednesday when I realized I’d forgotten my wallet at home. Knowing I didn’t have a lunch stashed in the break room freezer, I contemplated heading home and back, but didn’t want to arrive an hour later. Then, I remembered that I have been wondering about my afternoon basal rates. No food and no money makes for a great time to do a fasting basal test. Of course, the BG didn’t rise at the end of the afternoon, it gently fell, and I started low enough that I had to treat before driving home so I still am not exactly sure what happens from 4:30 – 7. Maybe I’ll have to forget my wallet again soon….

No comments:
Post a Comment