Yesterday was my birthday and it was a "big" one. My age once again ends in a 5. The half-decade mark brought on some reflection which was egged on by lots of people asking if it feels significant or reminicing about when they were my age. A couple of weeks ago, in anticipation of MY holiday (yes, I revel in my Leo pride now and then), I settled on this: 30 was about making wishes; 35 is about gratitude. My thesis statement is holding up nicely this week, and it really isn't just about the presents I got. But, since tangible gifts are easier to photograph, here are the bouquets I received at work yesterday.
from Diana:

from Fiona:

and from Marilyn:

A co-worker walked by my desk this morning and said, "what's going on?" with a slight hint in her voice that implied she thought I'd either been made partner (bad for her) or been diagnosed with a terminal disease (bad for me). When I responded that yesterday was my birthday, she responded, "well a lot of people
really love
you." She's right. And I really love them back. And I'm so grateful for such wonderful friendships.
1 comment:
Curt told me his mom was planning to send a cookie bouquet, but I had no idea it would be that spectacular. Were the cookies as good as they look?
The flowers are beautiful, too.
Happy happy!
Post a Comment