Just in case you didn't catch it in my comment to Lumpyhead's Mom about adding pockets or haven't seen me bouncing around in the last week, there's some big-time planning afoot at our house. Curt has been accepted by the Good Governance Consortium to study in Vienna spring semester. I may belong in Paris, but I figure Vienna is closer to it than St. Paul so I'm planning to go along for the ride. I hope to take German lessons there - getting to functionally MULTI-lingual sounds great to me. My German will probably never sound better than a 4-year old's, but I'm almost ready to accept that. I have started thinking about how many journals I have to make before February and what paper to use (because I'm pretty sure my favorite is no longer made).
I'm considering getting a laptop before we go. I'm pretty close to settled on a 17-inch MacBook Pro. A very nice saleswoman at FirstTech gave me lots of no-pressure information and almost sold me. I just have to quit choking about the price. I know that fully outfitting a PC laptop would likely put me back at least as much, but it's hard to write that big a check, even knowing that my desktop PC is not long for this world at 6+ years of service and only one major reload. I've been considering a return to Apple for a while and a sabbatical seems like the perfect excuse to make the switch (and splitting a Mac with Boot Camp allows me to load AutoCAD and my Animas software on the Windows side).
Now for that advice request: we are likely to want to buy a new digital camera before we go. Part of me wants a SLR digital camera, like the Canon D20 to replace my old familiar EOS Elan. Part of me wants something smaller than my insulin pump like this. Curt returned from Utah taking about the great camera Chris and Hannah have that fit in the palm of his hand. That has some appeal, if not the illusion of professionalism. So, what do you think? Do you have a camera you love? Do you have one sort and wish you'd bought the other?
No comments:
Post a Comment