24 September 2006

Good causes

There are a lot of great causes out there and there are lots of opportunities to knit for charities. If I could knit as much I as I want to, I would knit for more of them. I'd also post a list of lots of them. (watch for a future addition to my sidebar....) In the meantime, I want to tell you about a little opportunity to support diabetes research. If you go here you can order a sock pattern designed by Chrissy Gardiner, the proceeds of which will be donated to Walk for Diabetes in honor of Karen Graffeo, who will be walking on Oct. 15.
Thanks to Brenda Dayne for alerting me to this one.

If you love knitting socks, please consider making this small investment.

Those of you who know my knitting probably know I'm not big on knitting socks. I don't mind other paired items (baby booties, mittens, sleeves), but there's something about socks that I just don't love. Despite that, I bought the pattern and I'm considering joining Socktoberfest to encourage myself to make them. Of course, there are a lot of other projects to distract me from socks....

p.s. "Future" came quickly. I put up three links in the side bar under "Knit to Change the World." Email me or post a comment if you have recommendations for projects to be included in that list. Thank you!

1 comment:

Em said...

I love knitting socks, but lately I can't find any time to pick up my needles. It is embarassing to admit how long I have been working on the same projects, and now babies are being born with heads not covered by me, but by the gap. Oh well. Children are getting fed and records are getting reviewed...