03 October 2006

Slacker!

Wow it's been a long time since I last posted. Sorry about that, dear readers.

I'd like to post photos from Christos where C and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on the 25th. It was a lot quieter there on a Monday night than on our wedding night, but it was nice to return and the event coordinator bought us a lovely bottle of wine.

I'd also like to post the latest photos from Chiripa. C and I spent the weekend in Madison. We had a wedding to attend Sat. night, but the rest of the weekend I spent at the store - tagging some great jewelry and trying to help Mom however I could. The shop is coming together, but there's still a lot to do before the 13th (or thereabouts).

My photos, however, are in my PC (because I'm resisting loading the Kodak software onto my Mac) which is very busy spending 3 hours copying my music onto my iPod as hard disk for transfering to the Mac. Yes, there's a lot of music, but it's also running through a USB 1.0 port. I'm hoping the Firewire connection to the Mac will go much faster. I'm also hoping the transfer of other files goes faster than the music transfer.

In other news...
We had a great dinner with a couple of friends last night at Il Vesco Vino (formerly The Vintage) on Selby Ave. The food was really good and the service obviously well-trained. They had a challenge or two that will be resolved as they get accustomed to their space and systems.

Today, while several colleagues were at the Twins game, I skipped the middle of the day to attend Colin Powell's lecture at the U of MN. Many thanks to Curt who was stuck in class and gave his tickets to Stephanie and me! The General is very impressive and has a heck of a sense of humor.

And in crafty news: I knitted a swatch with two yarns I hoped to use for a custom felted (I know, I know: FULLED) laptop case. The one (Lamb's Pride Bulky in Blue Flannel) I have a plethora of because it was intended for a wedding gift afghan many years ago, but I baked the cakes instead. The other (Nashua Chunky in Blue Pine?) I bought because my LYSes that weekend didn't carry the same type of yarn so I found something that seemed similar in a very nice analagous color. The newly purchased yarn felted beautifully. The one I'll be using for years: not so successful. I suppose I need to try again with some tennis balls in the machine to aid agitation, but my enthusiasm has been crushed. I'm very close to buying a neoprene case, but it's just not the same.....

That's what's been going on around here. I hope to get back to more frequent postings and including pictures soon.

2 comments:

Em said...

Maybe there is a middle ground between handknit and neoprene. I feel like I have seen excellent laptop cases around and thought, "gee, if I only had a laptop."

Glad you're back :)

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Anniversary at Christos! Yay.

So, here's a downer. Of all the fun, merriment, and memories of your wedding day, the moment I can't shake is when I dropped the F-bomb on your dad. It was near the end of the night, obviously, and I was at least coherent enough to be mortified about it (but drunk enough to go about dropping F-bombs willy-nilly).

Sigh.

Your wedding was beautiful, but you probably should have edited the dumbass potty-mouths off your guest list.