15 October 2006

Funky Scarf Swap

Check it out! I got a fabulous box from Kim of Hand Eye Crafts last week. She made me "Collar Me" instead of a scarf - this could come in very handy in our often frigid office. And she sent two sets of really cool buttons so I could have my pick. I'm trying to figure out how to alternate them easily.... Here's a photo of my funky collar with some of the other treats she sent - chocolates, my favorite tea and a Streetwise Vienna map:
She also sent a cool "h" magnet which I promptly hung up at work:

THANK YOU KIM!

I also sent my funky scarf off to Carole last week. She posted about it here and I'm thrilled that she liked it. Here are a couple (blurry) pictures to show off that the shadow knitting actually worked:



Since Blogger doesn't make it easy to reply to comments, I'll try to respond to a couple here...

Ava, The funky scarf was my own design. The circle fringe from Knitting Over the Edge by Nicky Epstein started me off. I spent time charting out the shadow knitting pattern (and made a few modifications as I went), agonized over my yarn choices and then just jumped in. I honestly wasn't sure the circles would show up until I blocked it and happened to look at the right angle. I guess that's the magic of shadow knitting.

Chris, Yes, we're in the same metro. I'm about to head over to check out your blog. In case you're searching for other local chocolatiers, I tried to get Legacy Chocolates, but they were closed the evening I stopped by. The shop is a door or two away from Izzy's....

2 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Streetwise Vienna. I'm still adjusting to the idea that you'll be in Austria soon.

So. Cool.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your quick response! Again, you did a great job on the scarf. You could easily sell the pattern or the scarves themselves if you were of a mind to.