10 October 2007

Mixing it up

There have been a few changes over there in the side bar. I'd offer a prize for noticing what they are, but I've overextended myself in the crafty gift category lately so you'd have to wait 3-6 months to get anything from me. You can play anyway, if you like.

Last weekend, we went to visit my parents. There were weavers in town, doing a talk/demonstration at the shop and Mom wanted some backup in case the place got mobbed. It didn't, but there were quite a few people there for the talk. It was really good. Creating 95 shades from one sort of bug (cochineal) with non-toxic, natural mordants by varying pH and temperature gets me excited.

The big highlight of the weekend, though, was meeting Peaknit at long last. We've been commenting on each other's blogs, then emailing, etc. since I was still in Vienna. It was about time we met. You can read her perspective here. All I have to say is that when you meet someone in person for the first time and converse non-stop for three hours (only stopping because one of you has an appointment and the other feels a little guilty for babbling on and taking up your whole day) you know you found a true friend. Now I just need to cast on Firestarter so I don't keep letting down her KAL.

5 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

No idea what's new on your side bar, since I've been reading blogs through bloglines for a couple of months now. *meh* But I'll take a wild guess that it's something about sewing. :-p

cbknits80 said...

Glad you and Ms. Peaknit had a great time, I'm jealous you guys got to hang out, there's nothing like meeting a fellow knitter.

Anonymous said...

The yarn-oriented community really do have their own language, don't they? I mean, it's not just you making up fake words and acronyms? Because that would be mean.

peaknits said...

I had a great time hanging out too - and YOU did not "blab" the whole time - I did more than my share! I truly hope we can meet up again - so fun to meet in person and speak the blogger lingo with someone who doesn't tilt their head and look at me like I am a freak:)

Em said...

I'm glad you and Peaknits got to meet too! I never get to meet any of my music pals, so I am glad it was fun.

As for the content changes, it just looks like your archives disappeared but I'm not sure that's intentional.