For the Harvest Sock Swap, I've procured a pattern, found inspiration in a poem and ordered yarn. My pal's preferences forced me to abandon my original (pre-pairing) ideas, but this will be an even better package.
For HSKS3, I sewed the project bag this weekend, but need one piece of hardware to complete it. Then, I'll be able to box everything up and send it on its way West. I hope to get it out by the end of the week. Here's a sneak peek:

I received my HSKS package a while ago. Cynthia spoiled me rotten. Check out my haul:




I'm off to nurse my aching shoulders, arms, and sides. I had my first swimming lesson in 26 years tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to move tomorrow.
p.s: Don't forget to send my your diabetes questions. It's not much of a Q&A without Q's....
3 comments:
Awesome that you are swimming!
Your haul from the swap looks great, as does what you were planning to send out.
Here's a timely Diabetes q for u: what do you do with the pump when you are in a bathing suit? And along those lines, have you ever had to scrap an outfit because of the pump. I hope not!
Aunty, I love your photos. I am so glad that you like my package. I knew you would. Thanks for the note of TLC on my blog.
(kiss) (kiss)
Very nice (and insightful) post from someone who says she doesn't know how to communicate the big D. I've always felt that I've struggled to not trivialize, intrude or otherwise treat my friend who has D as a medical curiosity. I guess I do best when I think of her as my friend which is completely simple and natural becuase she is one of the best friends I've ever had. What she has taught me about D pales in comparision to what she has taught me about being a friend and a better person. I owe her much and do my best each day to pay my debt...I'm still down big-time.
The eyes are the window to soul and a few other things....g
Post a Comment