18 December 2007

I is for Insurance

I often feel that I am a slave to my need for health insurance. I don't have much hope that this will change in my lifetime; there seem to be too many people with too much money controlling these things.

5 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Why don't you just emigrate to Europe and be with us KUs? :-p I'm sure the insurance here is better than in the US (not that I know a darn thing, but it's just a hunch).

peaknits said...

Oh no - is there going to be controversy over Europe being better than the US now?? Just kidding - please know I am being sarcastic with that one (after just reading over at Mrs. B)! Seriously though, insurance, what a headache - and with an ongoing health concern, double ugh! I know I work for the insurance in my family - and am thankful to be a civil servant for now - for that reason. Who knows what the future will bring. The costs are rising, along with the cost of just about everything else. :( good luck!

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Isn't health care in this country nuts? I mean, employer-based health care? Who thought that would be a good idea?

I'm with you, though. I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

I don't know how people without insurance manage.

AnneR said...

Health care should be a right, not a privilege--and certainly not a privilege controlled by the current powers that be.

Anonymous said...

Minnesota is practically Canada anyway. And what's 16 feet of snow instead of 14? Why not embrace that? Move just a little bit further north and you'll be in a country that thinks 'socialised medicine' is a basic right and not a commie plot.