09 December 2007

Postal Imposed Health Kick

The holidays tend to be a difficult time for us to eat healthy meals. There are piles of snacks in the kitchenettes at work, there are shiny packages of treats winking at us in the store aisles... Add this to the fact that I'm lousy at cooking without a plan and even worse at planning meals and shopping in advance and I have to admit I've eaten a bag of microwave popcorn for "dinner" on more than one evening when E'Yoak has night class.

We always have plenty of this salty temptress around due to the generosity of E'Yoak's uncle who sends us a case every Christmas. There have been years when we've found the treat inedible - sassy salsa popcorn is a waste of a tasty starch; marshmallow (comes with a goo-filled packet to add after popping) should be outlawed. However, we usually get some variation of buttery, salty goodness. This year, we received an empty cardboard box with this Post-it note attached:

No, my mailman, thank YOU for helping me lower my cholesterol this winter. Or not.

4 comments:

peaknits said...

How funny! To even bother to deliver an empty box - it truly is the thought that counts! At least it wasn't Wollmeise!

Elemmaciltur said...

yeah....imagine an empty box arriving to you that was supposed to be coming from the Wollmeise. :-p

Em said...

Hmm... did the postal carrier decide it was time to help himself to an early holiday treat? I think you need to investigate further!

PS -- I really need to see Wollmeise -- you guys talk about it like it's heroin for knitters.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Your mailman ate your popcorn. That ain't right.