11 July 2006

Accredited


Yesterday, I passed a really hard exam and became a LEED Accredited Professional. I studied a couple of other times in the past, but for various reasons (including that the USGBC doesn't seem to understand special accomodations as well as NCARB did) I didn't take the test. This time, I scheduled the test first. I crammed a bit over the course of about a week, put my insulin pump into its calf holster (hidden by a nice pair of pants), marched in and took the test. I finished the exam and started shaking when I had to hit "end." Then, I was asked to take a survey. I could feel my throat shaking because my heart was beating so fast. It took an eternity to see the screen that said, "CONGRATULATIONS!" I had to read that screen more times than the most difficult exam questions to be sure what it meant.

This probably won't change my life much. I may be even more frustrated that my office doesn't do more about sustainability. But the added initials after my name might give me a little clout (about this) with the "Big Boys"....

To celebrate, Curt arranged dinner at The Craftsman with Stephanie and Bob (who also brought me the flowers shown above). It was a fantastic meal with great friends (and an awesome wine). What better way to celebrate no more studying?

2 comments:

Em said...

Congratulations!!

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Hooray! Congrats.