Ask, Em, and you will get an answer....
As you may have noticed, there's a button on the sidebar for Save Gocco. But if you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably have no interest in saving this thing.
Print Gocco is a Japanese screenprinting "toy." Go ahead, check out that site. You'll get an idea of what fun having one of these can be. As Sarah described it Saturday, it's sort of the easy bake oven of printing - with better results. I haven't gone beyond the basics and I LOVE it. Did you get a Christmas card from us last year? The sketch of Loyd and the text inside were printed with silver ink on chocolate brown cards using my Gocco.
Now, for the reason Gocco needs saving. It seems the Japanese market is flooded with Goccos. So Riso figures they've made all the money they're going to and it's time to quit making these great machines. But here in the US, we're just getting going on the Gocco craze. So, we'd really like them to keep making the machines and the supplies. The friendly folks at my favorite local art supply store, Wet Paint, have started to admit that the end may be in sight for Gocco. I've started stockpiling masters, light bulbs, ink. I'm also considering getting the cloth stamp accessory kit and a bunch of cloth inks, but I'm not sure I'll ever make it into the multiple edition t-shirt world.
If you have any pull with American manufacturers or art supply distributors, please put in a good word for Gocco. It needs a new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment