She's taking a twist on the Campfire Girls' honor beads and badges. I was never very good about earning my Girl Scout badges as a kid, but these badges seem to be more up my alley. In fact, I've already earned my MacGyver, Level 1 badge. I'm pretty sure that using the back of a chair, a paper towel tube and an iPod speaker/dock to wind nearly 1600 meters of laceweight yarn counts. From what I can tell, there are no rules about backdating your qualifications for badges, so I'm awarding myself this one:

Now that I've got myself started, perhaps I will start wracking up beads and badges.

In other news, I found a new swap: Harvest Sock Swap '07. This is a great one for those of you with Second Sock Syndrome. You only have to knit one sock. Then, you send it and the yarn and pattern for the second sock to your partner to knit for him/herself. I suppose it will be important to note the gauge carefully or a person could end up with very different sized socks. I decided this will be manageable despite a growing list of gift knitting that needs to be done and it's not too huge of a financial commitment. Of course, I'm thinking I need to order the yarn from THE Wollmeise even though I don't know who I'll be knitting for, what colors they like, etc.... Timing could be an issue with this plan, but if I can make my choice as soon as I get my partner, it should be ok. This could thwart the financial benefit to a relatively small swap, though. If I'm ordering from Germany, I might as well fill the box! Good thing I went back to work.
edited to correct some horrendous grammar/typing. The remaining mistakes, you'll just have to live with them. sorry.
3 comments:
Yes! Order yarns from the Wollmeise!! Mwahahahahaha!
OMG. I love the idea of back dating these badges and beads. I wish I was not up to my ears in Rilo Kiley (writing/listening assignment) or I would check it out. I want to be a badgewhore too!
My interest is piqued - being a badgewhore - I like it:) And I am thinking, the infamous candleflame shawl was the project that resulted from that load of lace yarn winding??:) Go Wollmeise, go Wollmeise! I am such a wollmesie-whore - it's embarrassing - but I know you will understand!
Post a Comment