Though I'm not quite done with the Mystery Stole 3 (6000+ knitters signed up), I've signed up for Secret of the Stole (with only a couple hundred, so far).
In addition to the Harvest Sock Swap '07, I joined the Hogwart's Sock Kit Swap 3. This is one I was sad to pass on in previous rounds. I couldn't really pass it up this time. In case you were wondering,

Sort me!
And, to help me keep up the minimum weekly posting required by the swaps (not that I mind), I've decided to do a twist on Bella Dia's Encyclopedia of Me Meme. Inspired by Amy Krouse Rosenthal's Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, she set out to do a letter a day during the month of August. I read about this too far into the month to think it would work. But, today it occurred to me that there are 26 pay periods in a year. So, I'm going to do one letter per pay day of the year following my "sabbatical" in Vienna. Sometime this week, I'll post "A" because I did get a check on the 17th. On Friday, you'll get "B" and then it will be a new letter every other Friday.
I'm trying to cut myself some slack about the lack of charting my own course by reminding self that all these things offer opportunities for learning, figuring things out, designing something quicker and more tangible than a building or at least gift giving. I like these things, so here I go....
7 comments:
Glad to have you aboard the Secret of the Stole KAL.
Can you get sorted without joining the swap? What if I'm in Slytherin?!
Phew, I'm in Ravenclaw too - it must have been the books!
On the subject of meme's and content to add/augment the blog: here is a website that lists many many different meme's (daily/weekly) that you can look through and maybe find one or two that "are you". I "use" a couple of them...no, not always regularly, but it gives me options. An added plus: when you are in swaps, these meme's give your partner and the rest of the swap contributors a different look into who you are.
http://thedailymeme.com/
The secret of the stole sounds interesting...and I'm still thinking I should do that Harvest Sock Swap - and hope I get you so I can knit something wollmeise:) ha ha. I think you can still do your own thing within the other things you are doing by using your creativity and just looking at it as an opportunity - that's a good thing!
Seems I'm a Ravenclaw too. It's obviously the house to be in.
Just a quick hello from a fellow HSKS3 joiner and Ravenclaw housemate. I'm enjoying your blog! :-) Nice to "meet" you, Hettie
a.k.a Celtic Mommy
Post a Comment