You may recall that I am an Ambassador of Lovely. Well, the call went out in late March/early April that Amy Krouse Rosenthal's birthday was coming up - a reminder of the April 29 deadline for the Beckoning of Lovely project, and the end of President Obama's first 100 days. A member of the Department of Immense sent an email to everyone involved in the project, asking us to send her birthday wishes for Amy. She planned to assemble them somehow and give them to Amy on her birthday. I was inspired to make a book so I contacted Lisa and asked if she was interested in putting the messages in a handbound book. She was enthusiastic and we collaborated a bit on the concept and then I got to work. I know now that the book was filled "it got fat!" and delivered to Amy who planned to open it on her actual birthday. Since April 29th has past, I believe the finished book has been read so I feel free to post about it empty.
I bought a sheet of Curry book cloth from Paper Source and some waxed linen thread from The Minnesota Center for Book Arts to get the colors I really wanted. The rest of the book was made from supplies in my plentiful stash of papers and book making supplies.

I chose a sewn on the spine structure to allow room for things to be glued in. I used a Langstitch und Kettenstitch sewing pattern, with an extra stich in the center two signatures to hold a metal tag. Check it out. Let me know if you have questions.





Happy Birthday, Amy!
2 comments:
Wow - breathtaking! What a special gift.
It's really nice...so that's what you've been doing in your basement, eh?
Post a Comment